Backpack Hiking Romantic? Who Knew?
A backpack hiking date is a unique way to make romance bloom. When you think of the most romantic date you could have with your significant other, your mind usually leans toward dinner, mood music and wine. Here’s a way to enjoy quality alone time with someone special, and incorporate all of those elements except in a different venue. Get set to boost up the excitement on a great outdoor or mountain path. Pack a few elements of surprise. It’s a sure cure for the usual dull or boring-type scenario.
Backpack Hiking – Set The Scene
Backpack hiking treks allow the perfect stage for an amorous camping backpack trip. There’s the easy answer of packing a bottle of wine and bringing a cell phone with its music playlist. Switch it up a bit and add some mood music to that play list. Choose memorable songs from the past or current ones to make new memories that will automatically bring your mind back to this hiking trip with him (her). The point is to go beyond what you would normally do as a couple and enjoying the great outdoors at the same time. There is something magical about a campfire under the stars, especially during a full moon.
Your backpack hiking pack could contain some indulgent chocolates in your insulated hiking bag. If you see wildflowers on your journey, don’t just admire them, pick some and present them. Find a secluded camping site for the night and enjoy the sunset and the stars. Simple things in nature can ultimately be labeled a romantic setting. Take a stick and carve your initials in a heart on the ground where you are sitting and snap a photo with your cell phone for a lasting reminder of why you are taking this time for yourselves as a couple. Pack a rose in your hiking backpack and peel off its petals on the floor of your tent.
Outdoor Backpack Hiking – Where Should We Go?
Backpack hiking can be done almost anywhere. Now that you have romance suggestions, pick the best place to go. Here are 5 highly suggested locations within the U.S.
- First, try the Cadillac North Ridge Trail in Arcadia National Park in Maine. The four mile North Ridge Trail overlooks the ocean and will take you up the rocky coastline with beautiful pink granite and chaparral vegetation. It is one of the most scenic hiking trails with ocean views.
- Kalalau Trail in Kauai, Hawaii provides a more experienced and adventurous couple an 11 mile hike with various coastal cliffs and valleys. The isolated beaches and lush tropical forests are a gorgeous backdrop for romance. The beauty of this location is that fewer people who hike have the endurance to navigate it, so there is a chance of more isolation and serenity with your lover. This is not the best option for a couple who has just started dating.
- Explore Heart Lake Loop in Anacortes, Washington, for a perfect daypack trip with your sweetheart. An obvious reason for this choice is the actual heart-shaped This hike is a three mile loop around the mountains and Pacific Northwest Forest. You can picnic by the lake and explore the forest with all Mother Nature has to offer. You’ll create a beautiful memory of your time together in this beautiful and symbolic location.
- An adventure seekers backpacking backpack trail, Havasu Falls, Havasu Canyon, Arizona is not one for beginners. It is a spectacular destination, but hikers must trek eight miles to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. From there, it’s another 2 miles to the gorgeous waterfalls. This would make a great challenge for a more experienced hiker. The scenery and bright-blue crystal clear water makes it so worth the hike. It’s perfect for a swim there.
- A backpack hiking trip to John Muir Trail in California provides a location named after the writer, John Muir. He truly understood the romance and beauty that nature has to offer. This hike takes you through 215 miles of California. It winds through Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park and includes Kings Canyon National Park.
Don’t feel as if you need to conquer all those miles for the sake of romance. The High Sierra Mountain Range offers back country camping with shorter treks.
Backpack Hiking Closer To Home
Backpack hiking trails that require traveling to these locations may not always be possible due to distance and expenses. You can do a search online for local hiking backpack trails and you will find places closer to where you live. You can save the further distances for a special vacation spot or an anniversary trip.
Wherever, and whenever you choose to go, make your backpack hike memorable by making it romantic. Don’t be afraid to head out to explore your wild side in the wilderness. If you need a hiking bag, trek on over to http://www.naturetrailbackpacks and we’ll help you find the perfect one for you. Happy backpack hiking!